While the ink is barely dry on the news of HP’s purchase of struggling PDA/smartphone manufacturer Palm, the computing giant isn’t showing signs of slowing down with the release today of a slew of inkjet and laser printers aimed at the SMB (small to medium business) market.
Included in the release is the new HP LaserJet M1212nf multi-function printer, which the company claims can pay for itself, based on its reduced power consumption and paper costs through its automatic double-sided (duplex) printing.
The M1212nf is expected to go sale at $399.
HP is also boasting of an industry-first called HP Smart Install that allows a new notebook or PC to be connected to the printer via USB with no need for CD drivers. Once the printer is installed and connected to Windows, device driver installation will occur automatically.
Models featuring Smart Install include the LaserJet Pro 1100 series, the M1130/M1210 range and the P1566/P1606dn models.
The complete list of new printing/imaging products released includes:
* HP Color LaserJet Pro CP5225dn Printer – A3 colour printer. (Starting from $2,899 RRP)
* HP Scanjet Professional 1000 Mobile Scanner. (Starting from $295 RRP)
* HP LaserJet Pro P1566 Printer – Fast mono printer using Instant-on and HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology. (Starting from $329 RRP)
* HP LaserJet Pro P1102 Printer – energy-efficient wireless laser printer (Starting from $149 RRP)
* HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer – energy-efficient wireless laser printer (Starting from $189 RRP)
* HP LaserJet M1132 MFP – 3-in-1 laser multifunction printer (MFP) (Starting from $249 RRP)
* HP LaserJet M1212nf MFP – HP’s self-paying printer via energy and paper savings. (Starting from $399 RRP)
* HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Series – flatbed inkjet all-in-one series aimed at business or home office. (Starting from $129 RRP)