The Kingston DataTraveller Ultimate 3.0 Flash drive claims to deliver read speeds of 80MB/second and can write data at 60MB/second. You’ll be able to pick them up in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities.
The drive also includes a Y-cable (USB3.0 to two USB2.0 ports) to enable initialising on some systems, says Kingston.
“USB 3.0 is the next major milestone in Flash memory for USB products and Kingston wants to have a solution in the marketplace for early adopters,” said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. “The DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 is our first USB 3.0 Flash drive offering and is designed for enthusiasts who like to embrace new technology before it goes mainstream.”
Kingston’s own testing of a 3.9GB file took 1min19secs to write to the drive. A second 4.4GB file it claims took 1min23secs to write.
Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 Features and Specifications:
• Capacities*: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
• Requirements: system with USB 3.0 port
• Backwards compatible**: with USB 2.0
• Speed***: data transfer rates for USB 3.0 up to 80MB/sec. read and 60MB/sec. write;
• USB 2.0: approximately 30MB/sec. read and 30MB/sec. write
• Dimensions: 2.90″ x 0.87″ x 0.63″ (73.70 mm x 22.20 mm x 16.10 mm)
• Operating Temperature: 32° to 140° F (0° to 60° C)
• Storage Temperature: -4° to 185° F (-20° to 85° C)
• Practical: durable casing with a solid lanyard loop
• Warranty: 5 Years
The 16GB drive retails for $119, the 32GB model for $179 and the 64GB unit for $349 in Australia and $159/$235/$459 respectively in New Zealand.