Believe it or not, but today marks one year of Windows 7 and Microsoft is celebrating – no, not by giving us presents although that might be the well-worn cliched path of most big brands – with news that the company has sold 240million Windows licenses since October 22 last year.
In a pitch to ensure it’s not forgotten in the sea of operating systems being released, announced or updated in recent times (think “Lion”), Redmond is making sure everyone knows that Windows 7 is the fastest selling operating system in history – or so it claims, selling 7.6copies on average every second.
According to the company:
In the last month alone, Windows 7 users have…
- Opened the start menu 14,139,925,439 times
- Used Aero Snap 150,957,478 times
- Used Aero Shake 20,555,528 times
- Used jump lists 339,129,958 times
- Pinned 12,643 unique applications to the taskbar and start menu
- There are 2,346,828 Windows 7 PCs that support touch interaction
- Terabytes of data synched between PC’s and the cloud: 500+
Although you do wonder where this data has come from.
All up, Microsoft says Windows 7 now has 17% global market share in the PC operating system market.
No doubt the company is a lot happier this time than on the first anniversary of its previous operating system…