Entertainment peripheral brand Kaiser Baas is set to release its Series 8 Game Recorder in April.
The device is designed to enable gamers to plug in games consoles, watch and record game action onto your PC.
It comes with video editing software to edit captures and enables you to upload your gaming action to YouTube.
The device itself is basically a 60fps USB video recorder that comes with analog video input cable and plugs into any USB2.0 HighSpeed port.
It works with Sony’s PS3, Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and the Nintendo Wii.
What’s noticeable about it though is the need for a fairly decent PC, due to its 60fps high-speed capture. You need at least a 2.13GHz Core 2 Duo or 2.8GHz dual-core Athlon 64 X2 processor and Windows XP operating system minimum.
Here’s the specsheet:
- Play your game console directly on your PC without the need for a TV
- Play and record games full screen in 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio
- Record game play to your PC to playback or share
- De-interlace function improves graphics and picture quality during game play
- Includes video editing software to edit your recordings
- Upload recordings to YouTube and share with the world
- PAL and NTSC: Supports 60Hz gameplay
- Connection: USB 2.0
- Video input: Composite or S-Video
High: 720×480 / 720×560 60/50 FPS
Medium: 720×480 / 720×576 30/25 FPS
Low: 360×240 / 360×288 30/25 FPS
- Aspect ratio: 4:3 or 16:9
- Video format: NTSC, PAL, PAL M, PAL 60
- Recording format: MPEG-4 (Xvid)
- De-interlace: High, Medium, Low
- Screen capture: BMP or JPG
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.8GHz (For high de-interlace feature we recommend Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz or AMD Phenom X4 minimum)
- 2GB System memory or higher
- 1GB HDD space or higher
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 (32 bit), Vista (32 & 64 bit) and Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)
- Dedicated NVIDIA or ATI graphics card that supports DirectX 9 or above Sound Card (AC97 compatible sound card)
- Sound card (AC97 compatible sound card)
- DVD Burner
The device will be available in April and will sell for $79.95 inc. GST.