The Australian telco giant will be the exclusive retailer of the new HTC HD7, the Microsoft Windows 7-based smartphone.
The phone features a 4.3-inch capacitive-touchscreen LCD panel and will capture 720p (1280×720-pixel) video via the on-board camera.
It’ll be available for $768 prepaid or on a 24-month plan however, Telstra has yet to announce which plans the HD7 will be available on. However, the telco says it will be either on a NextG Cap plan or a Business Mobile Plus offering.
It’s not clear if the prepaid price is unlocked (although given Telstra’s track record, we strongly doubt this).
The phone will be available from March 29 at Telstra stores.
HTC HD7 Key Features:
- Windows® Phone 7 OS
- 4.3 inch touch screen with 480 X 800 resolution
- 5.0 megapixel colour camera with auto focus and LED flash
- 720p HD video recording to capture film with incredible quality and detail
- Xbox LIVE® gaming so you can continue playing your games everywhere you go
- See photos from your camera, Facebook® and Windows® Live accounts in the Pictures hub
- Music and Videos Hub powered by Zune® lets you enjoy custom playlists, listen to the radio, and podcasts, and more.
- HTC Surround Sound – Virtual Surround sound using enhanced technology
- HTC Sense with HTC Hub:
- Location aware HTC Sense tile with weather
- Attentive Phone (including Pocket Mode, Quiet ring on Pickup, Flip to mute and Flip for Speaker)
- Sound Enhancer
- Photo Enhancer